Our students are why we are here. They bring life to our school, passion to our classrooms, and energy to all of our activities. As a school, we seek to help guide our students towards realizing their academic and personal goals and know we are doing well when our students are the ones taking the lead.
Recent examples of student leadership at PSJ include:
– The successful door-decorating contest for Black History month led by all of our tutorials.
– Young Activist Planning group taking the lead on the April 4th day devoted to the memory of Martin Luther King, Jr.
– Successful winter sports season led by our boys and girls basketball and bowling teams in the city playoffs and supported by our cheerleading team.
– Began the PSJ School Choir under the direction of Mr. Julian Ray
– Student-designed bookplate art decorations for the dedication of our new library, the Frison Center for Peace!