Welcome to our Counselor’s Corner! If you have any questions or concerns and would like to connect with our school counselor, please click on the red button below:
Google Voice Phone# (215) 720 1731 – Accepting calls and text from 8 AM-2:45 PM
Mental Health Emergency Information
If you , your child or family member experiences a behavioral health emergency or crisis during this time period of self-quarantine, the following providers are available for support.
Mental Health Delegate Hotline
Phone 215 685 6440 7 days a week/24 hours per day
Many other resources also remain available to Pennsylvanians in need of support, including:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “PA” to 741-741
- Safe2Say” 1844-723-2729 or www.safe2saypa.org
- Veteran Crisis Line” 1800-273-Talk (8255)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1800-985-5990
- Get Help Now Hotline (for substance use disorders): 1-800-662-4357
- The Mental Health Support Line can be reached toll-free, 24/7 at 1-855-284-2494
Link to Virtual Classroom – This link gives students and parents/guardians access to websites that we will be using throughout the school year. Just click “View” and you will find links to websites such as FAFSA, Collegeboard, Common App and more.
The Senior Year Only Program seeks to prepare high school seniors for both college AND career by connecting classroom learning with real-world applications in the workplace. Students enrolled in S.Y.O.P. either take classes on a college campus, spend time at the Fox Chase Farm earning industry certifications in urban agriculture, or get hands-on experience with Comcast. The Senior Year Only Program is a full school year commitment. Lunch and transportation are provided.
If you missed our FAFSA Night on October 28th, please click on the link below for a review:
Earn College Credits Now!
Community College of Philadelphia’s Dual Enrollment deadline has been extended. Please see the link below if you are in the 11th or 12th grade and would like to earn college credits now:
Career Exploration Workshop
Entrepreneurship, Gaming, Technology, Education… no matter what field you’re interested in, there are some key things all students should know before starting their careers. Day one of the Career Pathways Conference will consist of professionals from all walks of life discussing just what it takes to make strides in their worlds of work. Join us for two panelist led breakout discussions where we will hear from industry professionals about the Good, The Not so Good and all that falls in between as career professionals followed by a Q &A. Registration is required. Students can register for Event #1 HERE.
What will the Catto Scholarship include?
Eligible new, first-time students who are enrolled full-time are eligible to receive:
- Funding to cover the remainder of their tuition and fees after federal and state funding and other aid are applied. Funding is available to those students for up to three years at Community College of Philadelphia
- $1,500 to meet needs for food, transportation and books
- Support from a team of academic advisors, coaches, navigators and other staff who are dedicated to making sure that students meet their goals and stay on track
- Connection to city services such as benefits access, quality child care and housing supports
***Parkway Northwest Instant Decision Day***