Welcome back leaders for peace and social justice!!!
Building Hours for Students:
Mondays: 7:30am – 2:30pm
Tuesdays – Thursdays: 7:15am – 2:30pm
Fridays: 7:15am – 2:30pm
School Uniforms will be available for sale on:
- Wednesday, August 14 (8-9:30am and 2-3:30pm)
- Wednesday, August 21 (8-9:30am and 2-3:30pm)
- Wednesday, August 28 (8-9:00am and 2-3:30pm)
- Thursday, August 29 for New Students during Orientation (9-11am)
- On School website from first day of school until Fri., Sept. 13
Dual Enrollment at PSJ
The Parkway NW HS for Peace and Social Justice dual enrollment program with Arcadia University is for all rising 11th and 12th grade students with a 3.0 GPA or above. The courses are taught for college credit by Arcadia professors at Parkway NW HS and are rostered into each student’s schedule.
In order to plan and run this program successfully, applications for the fall 2019 course of INTRO TO PUBLIC HEALTH is below. Arcadia University requires a minimum of 12 students to run each course. The application is due at the school by Monday, July 1.
Comprehensive School Improvement
We are making the changes necessary to make Parkway NW HS for Peace and Social Justice the strongest school in the city and beyond. Please join us at 3pm on Monday, 5/20, to discuss the draft plan on how we are raising expectations through rigorous instruction, common planning, and more inclusive communication.
The draft plans are below:
Our mission is to develop successful young adults who are leaders for peace and social justice. We are doing this by building the most incredible high school that has a small, tight knit school community alongside the learning opportunities of a much larger school. We want our students and their families to know they are being both challenged and supported every day to help them be their best selves.
Dress Code/School Uniform Policy
The uniform is a way of demonstrating school pride and is expected to be worn daily. Remember, you and your child had a choice to attend Parkway Northwest HS for Peace & Social Justice and by accepting this placement you are also agreeing to follow the school rules. The PSJ uniform includes:
1. A Parkway NW HS for Peace & Social Justice shirt or sweatshirt
2. A collared shirt with the PSJ logo on it
3. Black, Khaki, or Gray, solid, color pants/skirts
4. Student ID card that is visible at all times
Please note that:
1. Hats, hoods and scarves may not be worn in the building unless the head covering is for recognized religious attire.
2. Skirts cannot be more than two (2) inches above the knee even when worn with leggings.
3. During the warm weather months students may wear Capri’s or cargo shorts.
4. There is no uniform specification for footwear except that, for safety reasons, students are may not wear flip-flops or sandals without straps on the back.
5. There is a $7 charge for uniform violations to purchase school approved clothes.
6. Changes to this Dress Code / School Uniform Policy will be made only through the Principal working in conjunction with the School Advisory Council (SAC).