News – Winter Title 1 meeting – 2/13/19 at 5:30pm
We were honored to receive $5,000 for a Picasso Project Grant with the Quintessence Theatre Group this winter. Thanks PCCY!
We are already looking forward to another great year in 2018-19 as the class of 2019 move towards graduation and as we welcome the class of 2022!
The Class of 2019 has already begun to see the results of their college application efforts! We are so proud of you.
The Senior Newsletter can be found here:
We are excited about the summer reading titles selected by our teachers for this year. The selections are:
12th – The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
11th – The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
10th – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
9th – Lord of the Flies by William Golding and The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
Incoming 9th grade assignment: 9th grade TheOtherWesMoore_Guide
Rising 10th grade assignment: 10th grade The Hate U Give
Rising 11th grade assignment: 11th grade Invention of Wings
Rising 12th grade assignment: The New Jim Crow Assignment
All books can be purchased at Uncle Bobbie’s Coffee Shop at 5445 Germantown Ave. in the heart of Germantown.
Our mission is to develop successful young adults who are leaders for peace and social justice. We are doing this by building the most incredible high school that has a small, tight knit school community alongside the learning opportunities of a much larger school. We want our students and their families to know they are being both challenged and supported every day to help them be their best selves.
Dress Code/School Uniform Policy
The uniform is a way of demonstrating school pride and is expected to be worn daily. Remember, you and your child had a choice to attend Parkway Northwest HS for Peace & Social Justice and by accepting this placement you are also agreeing to follow the school rules. The PSJ uniform includes:
1. A Parkway NW HS for Peace & Social Justice shirt or sweatshirt
2. A collared shirt with the PSJ logo on it
3. Black, Khaki, or Gray, solid, color pants/skirts
4. Student ID card that is visible at all times
Please note that:
1. Hats, hoods and scarves may not be worn in the building unless the head covering is for recognized religious attire.
2. Skirts cannot be more than two (2) inches above the knee even when worn with leggings.
3. During the warm weather months students may wear Capri’s or cargo shorts.
4. There is no uniform specification for footwear except that, for safety reasons, students are may not wear flip-flops or sandals without straps on the back.
5. There is a $7 charge for uniform violations to purchase school approved clothes.
6. Changes to this Dress Code / School Uniform Policy will be made only through the Principal working in conjunction with the School Advisory Council (SAC).